At the Pirates, we believe in the power of a diverse workforce and strive to create an inclusive culture centered in Passion, Innovation, Respect, Accountability, Teamwork, Empathy, and Service.
Lead all members of the sports Nutrition staff, and effectively manage all food planning, education of, and relationships with players and staff. Oversee deployment of budget and staff in an efficient manner. Communicate effectively with Sports Medicine team, Major League staff, and CPD staff to promote player growth and development. This position focuses on the management of an entire sports nutrition department, which includes managing all food related budgets at the Major and Minor league levels and finding the optimal spending at each location that still drives the overall goals of the department.
- Counsel athletes on optimal nutrition for training and performance, competition, recovery, weight management, hydration, immunity, travel, and supplementation. Provide guidance and leadership in a manner that reflects mastery of baseball calendar and its nuances.
- Coordinate/manage all food service at Major League level, including menu planning and ordering of food served by Head ML Chef at PNC Park during Major League Regular Season, and all menu planning and
- ordering for food catered on road trips during the Major League Regular Season. Travel with Major League team on road trips may be required.
- Coordinate all food needs during Major and Minor League Spring Training, including food served by Head ML Chef at LECOM Park during Major League Spring Training, and all food served at Pirate City during Minor League Spring Training. Attendance at Major League Spring Training in Bradenton, Florida will be
- Provide personalized meal and snack plans for select / priority players to promote achieving short- and long-term goals for athletic performance and good health. Develop and counsel on hydration protocols.
- Evaluate selection and monitor budget for and use of nutritional supplements at Major and Minor League levels for legality, safety, quality, and efficacy.
- Oversee team of people responsible for coordination of all food needs at all Minor league levels, including oversight of menu planning, ordering and food preparation for food served by Sports Nutrition staff, and food catered at home and on road trips. Research and occasional travel to each affiliate to determine optimal catering options may be required.
- Interact with and provide year-round leadership to Sodexho staff regarding food preparation at Sports Nutrition Center at Pirate City, Florida.
- Oversee, mentor, and provide guidance to all members of Sports Nutrition Department including Sports Nutrition Assistants at each level of the minor leagues.
- Provide individual nutrition counseling as needed at all levels of the organization.
- Maintain dietetic registration and continuing education requirements.
- Stay abreast of current food, nutrition, and health issues and research related to sports nutrition.