Under the guidance of the Director of Performance Nutrition, the Performance Nutrition Intern is responsible to support the day-to-day operations of the Performance Nutrition Department and Whitney Kitchen, to include assisting with the fueling and performance nutrition of 21 Division I varsity sports teams. The Performance Nutrition Intern will work in collaboration with current Performance Nutrition staff, Sport Performance staff, and Aramark staff to ensure all policies and procedures are followed and implemented.
1 position available starting as soon as possible; $18 hourly for 39 weeks, average 25 hours per week
- Assist with the daily operations of the Nutrition Center and practice/competition fueling for all 21 varsity sports, including staffing, ordering, inventory, procurement, and budgeting.
- Support football during competition and practice to ensure proper fueling and hydration, and assist with hydration assessment.
- Support Aramark RD in assisting athletes with food allergies/restrictions and proper ordering/preparation for pickup at Whitney Kitchen.
- Provide supplemental sports nutrition coverage and peri-practice/game support of other sports.
- Provide education and mentorship of undergraduate performance nutrition students (independent study, community nutrition, and non-credit volunteers)
- Assist the Director of Performance Nutrition in collaborating with on-campus Registered Dietitians to ensure cross-collaboration of Athletics and Academics
- Assist Director of Performance Nutrition with supplement evaluation and student athlete counseling for legality, safety, quality, and efficacy, and continuous awareness of all aspects of the supplement industry.
- Other duties may include hydration testing with other sports, travel nutrition assistance, nutritional counseling, nutrition education development, cooking demonstrations, social media management, prospective student athlete meetings, nutrition education material development and various other tasks, as assigned.
- Assist in the mentorship of dietetic interns
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Minimum Education, & Experience
- Employment is contingent upon a satisfactory background check.
- Bachelor’s degree in nutrition or related field and strong desire to pursue a career in sports nutrition.
- RD or RD eligible (preferred).
- Ability to obtain licensure in the state of DE if RD.
- Ability to work 25 hours a week with a flexible schedule.
- Knowledgeable of NCAA rules and policies.
- Effective organizational, personnel supervision, communication and computer skills.
- Strong desire to learn and accept feedback.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Ability to lift, move, push and pull equipment or boxes in excess of 40 lbs.
- Should be able to handle outdoor temperatures for a reasonable period of time.
- Ability to work flexible hours to include nights, weekends and holidays.
Additional Job Description
* Start date: ASAP. Duration: 39 weeks.*